The Medical Council has stated that for the 2022-2023 Professional Competence year, the following will apply:
In the Professional Competence Year beginning on 1 May 2022 and ending on 30 April 2023, doctors will be required to undertake and record the following CPD activity with their Scheme:
- 25 CPD credits (in any category: External, Internal, Personal Learning, Research or Teaching); and
- One Audit or Quality Improvement project
Within Professional Competence there are 4 CPD categories:
- External (maintenance of knowledge and skills) - Evidence is required for this category
- Internal (practice evaluation and development) - Evidence is required for this category
- Personal Learning
- Research or Teaching - Evidence is required for this category
Doctors must record a minimum of 25 CPD credits across each Professional Competence Year (May to April)
In addition, one Audit/Quality Improvement project is required each year
Inform your Training Body about any extended absence from your practice
Doctors will still be asked to make a declaration about their maintenance of professional competence during the 2021 annual retention process.
Doctors are still required to retain enrolment on a Professional Competence Scheme. If you haven't renewed your enrolment please click here
The requirements outlined above will be kept under review in light of a protracted pandemic and the Medical Council will keep the COVID-19 section of its website updated with the latest information.