It is important that you secure evidence of participation in the External CPD category. You do not need to add the documents to your ePortfoliio in order to get an Annual Statement, but you should keep your evidence documents in a safe place. If you are selected for the Annual Verification Process, you will be required to produce evidence for this category. Evidence must display your name, title of the activity, the contact details of the organising institution and demonstrate that the activity took place within the relevant Professional Cometence year, e.g. between 1 May and 30 April.
|Single Occurrence of Activity: Letter, Memo or Attendance certificate for an individual activity, on organising institution headed paper. The certificate has your name pre-printed and gives the date and title of the activity.||Ideal|
|Multiple Occurrence of Activity: Letter, Memo or Attendance certificate for a recurring activity, on organising institution headed paper. The certificate has your name pre-printed and gives the date and title of the activity.||Ideal|
|Sign-in sheets : Sign-in sheet with organisers contact details, date and title of the activity and with all other names covered||Acceptable|
|Sign-in sheet which displays names other than your own||Not acceptable - Data protection issue|
|Lists and Schedules: |
List of meetings or schedule of meetings on organising institution headed paper showing dates and titles with signature or stamp confirming your attendance.
|List of meetings or schedule of meetings without stamp or signature are not confirmation of attendance as they do not demonstrate that the activity took place or that you participated||Not acceptable|
|Other types of evidence:|
|BLS, ACLS, PALS, ALSO or similar certification/re-certification||Acceptable|
|Conference identity tag which displays your name, and clearly identifies the related educational activity and the date(s) it took place||Acceptable|
|Agenda, invitation, programme or a schedule of activities without evidence of attendance only indicate an intention to attend.||Not acceptable|
|Booking confirmations, airline tickets, travel receipts only indicate an intention to attend.||Not acceptable|
|A Diploma awarded at the end of a course is acceptable as long as the claim is in relation to activities that took place within the relevant Professional Competence year.||Acceptable|
Tips for adding documents to your ePortfolio
- Filenames To avoid problems with uploading documents to your ePortfolio, filenames should be short, and should only contain alphanumeric characters. For example, “Multidisciplinary Team Meeiting 22 November 2016” could be saved as ”MTD 22 11 16”
- PDF .PDF (Portable Document Format) is generally a smaller size document and is easily opened for review on the majority of devices (Ideal)
- Photographs: As the necessary detail may not be visible in a photograph of a poster, for example, it is important to check that all details that confirm your participation in the activity on the related date are easy to read (Not recommended)
- Powerpoint files A powerpoint presentation does not confirm that the related activity took place or that you participated (Not recommended)
- Saved emails:
Saved email file formats are not universally compatible on all devices. If your profile is reviewed during the Annual Verification Process, the reviewer may not be able to open the file (Not recommended)
- If there is a compelling reason why you do not have evidence for an activity in this category, you should give some information about that reason within relevant ePortfolio form.
Download Guide to Evidence for External CPD
Read more about the External (Maintenance of Knowledge and Skills) CPD Category