- General: Registration time, breaks, lunch or dinner, award or prize-giving ceremonies, announcements, opening/closing speeches and so on
- Product Promotion: activities organised primarily to promote a product or service or which might be deemed as promotional
- Unmoderated poster viewing: Poster viewing sessions may only be approved for CPD if a medical moderator is present at all times
- Business Committee meetings: For example, an Annual General Meeting or business meeting
- Other Specialities: Events aimed specifically at Surgeons, General Practitioners, Ophthalmologists, Anaesthetists, Radiologists, etc. are not within our remit. You should contact the relevant Irish Postgraduate Medical Training Body for details of their CPD approval process.
- Allied Professions: Sections of an event aimed specifically at allied professions (e.g. nursing, physiotherapy etc.) are not in our remit. You will need to seek approval from the relevant governing body
What cannot be approved for CPD? Print
Modified on: Fri, 29 Apr, 2022 at 6:06 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.