If your application for CPD approval is on behalf of an Industry Sponsor (e.g. a pharmaceutical company or a medical device manufacturer), we need additional information to help us confirm the academic independence of the event.
You’ll need to:
- Clarify the nature of the relationship between your company and the individual speakers and list any commercial interest that the organising committee, presenters, chairs or speakers have
- Make sure all paid speakers (and speakers with any other conflicts) have a conflict of interest slide in their presentation that shows the nature of their conflict
- Submit an individually signed and completed Conflict of Interest Disclosure form from each member of your organising committee, the presenters, chairs and speakers at your event with the application form
- The Medical Organiser cannot be an employee of an Industry Sponsor. Remember to complete and return the Medical Organiser Declaration with your application
- We cannot approve presentations from employees of an industry sponsor
We may request copies of contracts with organising faculty members or speakers, and details of honoraria paid to them