How do I know if my educational activity is eligible?
Modified on: Fri, 29 Apr, 2022 at 6:19 PM
To be eligible, your educational activity must:
- take place in Ireland or be delivered online for Irish doctors using a tool such as Zoom or Panopto
- target doctors who are not engaged in postgraduate specialist training
- include learning objectives that have measurable outcomes and use action verbs such as ‘evaluate’, ‘identify’, ‘review’
- meet our policy on Industry Sponsorship and Support in respect of sponsorship arrangements
- have a designated Medical Organiser who holds Specialist Registration with the Irish Medical Council
- not take place in the past
- not contain the name of a sponsor or product in its event and session/lecture titles
- not contain a sponsor’s corporate message, product name or logo on any of the educational material, which includes the event programme, poster presentations, slides, handouts and so on
- You must provide evidence of attendance to all those who participated in the activity
- You must keep a record of all those who participated in the activity for a period of 12 months after the date the activity took place. You may be asked to provide a copy of this record in the future
- You must provide a means for your attendees to give you post-event feedback about:
- Improvements in knowledge, skills, competencies during and/or after the approved activity
- Intent to change during and/or after the approved activity
- Improvements in learner performance (where applicable)
- Changes in patient health status (where practical)
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.